Leh Ladakh bike trip from Manali- A daring getaway with friends
Leh Ladakh bike trip from Manali:-
Leh Ladakh is the most happening place in the Jammu&Kashmir region with snow-clad mountains, scenic vistas throughout the way and dangerous routes. Leh Ladakh is the land of beauty and offers some astonishing views of nature. The trip to Leh Ladakh brings thrill and excitement.
Best time to Visit Leh Ladakh
The ideal time to go on a bike trip to Leh Ladakh is from June to September. These months enable the bikers to enjoy the road to the fullest. In winter ( Due to heavy snowfall), the roads are blocked and almost all kinds of adventure activities are suspended. In the months of June to September, the weather appears a its best and quite welcoming.
How much the trip will cost
The major things are vehicle, type of bike you are opting for a road trip, the cost of the trip varies according to the preference, what kind of food you choose to eat, accommodation and other necessities. An average budget considering food, accommodation, and fuel is INR35000 for Leh to Ladakh bike trip. This includes the cost of permits and other miscellaneous expenses that occur during the trip.
Best bike for the trip
Thinking about visiting Leh Ladakh on a bike? Wondering which to get the bike for the trip? You must carefully select a bike for the trip keeping in mind the main factors like comfort in sitting and others. Always remember it is all about you than anything else. The bike for this trip should be of a kind which is easy to handle and easy to maintain. Few best bikes are:
- Royal Enfield
- Royal Enfield Himalayan
- Bajaj Pulsar
- KTM Duke
- Yamaha Fazer
- Hero impulse.
The best route for Leh Ladakh bike tour
There are several routes to reach Leh Ladakh from a bike.
1)From Delhi to Leh Ladakh bike route
2)Srinagar to Leh bike route
3)Manali to Leh bike route
Places to visit on Leh Ladakh Bike trip
- Pangong Lake– It is a natural crystal clear lake in the lap of Leh Ladakh. It is one of the largest lakes in Asia. The lake covers the area of almost 134 km offering the most mesmerizing view surrounded by snow mountains.
- Namgyal Tsemo Gompa– This famous monastery Namgyal Tsemo Gompa is located in Leh. It is also known as the home to the famous golden statue of Maitreya Buddha. You can spot the monastery from Leh royal palace. It is one of the most happening places to visit in Leh.
- Zanskar valley– The famous Zanskar valley surrounded by massive snow-covered mountains and the lake in the middle of it looks amazing. The beauty of this valley will leave you awestruck. In winters the river freezes on which people way which is no less than any thrilling experience. You will enjoy skating here in winter.
Leh Ladakh is famous for its scenic beauty, high mountain passes, and unique culture. It has some awe-inspiring lakes, enchanting rivers, breathtaking landscapes, mesmerizing monasteries, captivating water streams, enchanting glaciers and ample opportunities for adventure junkies. If you plan to go there, here are some tips to keep in mind-
- Leh Ladakh stands at a high altitude. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the trip. So avoid drinking and smoking.
- Do not use plastic bags during the entire journey. Keep the surrounding neat, clean and green. Keep the trash in your bag and take it back with you.
- Wear protective headgears to avoid the glare of the sun, raindrops, and dust.
- Do not wear skin-fitted clothes like jeans as they might cause trouble with your movements during the ride.
- Harm no animals and plants. Make no fun of the local culture and traditions.
- If you are traveling in a group, do not wander off on your own and follow the instructions of your team leaders.
Things to carry
- Comfortable trekking pants and T-shirts
- Thermal inner pants and Thermal inner wears
- Fleece jacket and Down jacket
- Waterproof windbreaker
- Waterproof gloves and Pair of woolen socks
- Warm hat and Sun cap
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Portable charger and Power bank
- Camera and extra batteries
- A small bottle of shampoo, Facial mist, and Moisturizer
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Lip balm and wipes
- Sleeping bag and tent
- Trekking shoes and trekking pole
- Headlight with extra batteries
- First aid box with all the necessary medicines
- Toilet paper
- Cash- Cash is always necessary to carry as you may not find any Atm machines nearby
best tour of Leh Ladakh bike trip from Manali