When talking about building repairs, anything related to waterfall under the domain of a plumber, while a few services that are not water-related are also in the plumber’s list of available services. When you think of a plumber, you automatically imagine a man with a wrench working under the sink to fix a leak, and while a plumber can do that, he (or she) can do so much more.
Here are a few reasons you might need to call in your local plumber.
- Undetected water leak – Imagine getting your water bill and finding it is double the usual amount! This can and does happen, if there is a water leak underground, for example, you would not be aware aside from the extra on the bill and finding a leak is best left to your local plumber in Randwick, NSW who has the know-how and the equipment to quickly locate the leak and carry out effective repairs.
- Burst water pipe – If you are extremely unlucky, this would happen when the house is empty, even when someone is at home, a ruptured water pipe can discharge an ocean of water in just a few minutes. The first thing to do is turn off the water at the mains; if you don’t know where this tap is located, make it your mission to find out. Once the water is turned off, you can call a local plumber, who would make short work of the repair.
- Blocked drain – The plumber is the person to contact regarding a blocked drain; the plumber uses state-of-the-art video cameras attached to a small remote-control buggy that is put down the drain to give the plumber a close-up view. Once he has seen the blockage, he knows how to remove it. The hardest part of unblocking a drain is finding the blockage, which could be anywhere in the system. Click here for tips on choosing blinds/shades for your home or business.
- Hot water systems – Gas and electric-approved plumbers can install, service and repair all makes of hot water systems. HVAC systems need regular servicing and the plumber is cheaper than a regular heating engineer. Many homeowners have installed a hot water on demand unit, which saves on energy and the water remains hot, even when several people use the shower consecutively.
- Pipe relining – In the event a section of underground drain pipe collapses, there are two options; you either dig up the damaged section and replace it, or you have a plumber insert a liner, which is inflated and you don’t have to remove the pipe. The relining process saves a lot of time and money, as there is no need to dig up half the garden.
If you are in need of a plumber in a hurry, Google has you covered and within a very short time, the tradesman will be at your house.